Use your good GROUP WORK BEHAVIORS!
Read the literature selection that your small group was assigned. As you read, your group should decide what you think it would look on a story map.
1. Identify the exposition first (character, setting, problem)
2. As you read the rest of the story identify HOW the problem was solved.
3. Then identify the climax
4. Then ask yourself... What three main events led up to the climax?
5. Then ask yourself....What events happened after the climax that led to the resolution?
Kate Shelley, Bound For Legend by Robert D San Souci
We will be reading the selection, Kate Shelley, Midnight Express. When you are done listening to the selection you will complete the activity where you will identify the main story elements of this selection.
The link above is a nonfiction version of the Kate Shelley story.
1. How is this nonfiction version of the story different from the historical fiction version?
2. How is this nonfiction version of the story the same from the historical fiction version?
This link above is a folk song of the Kate Shelley story. Listen to this story and see if if stays true to the actual story.
1. How is this version of the story different from the actual story?
2. How is this version similar to the story?